Monday, December 18

enLIGHTenment

So let your light SHINE!
"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." -Matthew 5:13-16

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Don't let satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Shine all over Nashville (and beyond),
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine till Jesus comes,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine!
(note: I just sang that passionately with my right index finger totally in the air making an awesome horizontal circle...and proudly, i might add)


No regrets! I want to live this life passionately, as if I have nothing to lose....because I don't. I want to see each individual as God sees His glorious creation with a purpose and a plan. I want to never hold back, boldly saying what I feel led to say without fear, pride, or timidity. I desire to leave a footprint in this world-God's giant-sized footprint; one that doesn't just make ripples on a pond, but that starts waves-affecting individuals, families, communities, and generations. I believe God is an awesome God that can and does perform miraculous things if we only allow him to use us, unselfishly giving our entire life to Him in worship. I want to be part of that!


Maybe it's because I feel like God is moving greatly in my life right now and I am making big choices to be part of His plan; maybe it's because ever since Sept, I started listening again and diving into the word every chance I get; maybe it's because I have grown up and relinquished control over my life; maybe it's the church I'm part of and the people He has surronded me with that are influencing my outlook. Whatever it is, I have seen myself declare God's love and plan for people's lives without a second thought on how it might be percieved or the impact it will make. I have allowed God to speak through me in both written and spoken words to touch many, allowed Him to use my hands and feet to love on others and do what others don't want the responsibility for it and I have seen changes. All I know is, I couldn't stop this if I wanted to. It's not by my ability, but through His strength and mercy that these things have been accomplished.


"Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!" -Psalm 115:1

No comments: