Tuesday, December 12

26

In attempting to reconcile the fantasy world i'd love to live in and my stark reality of actually being 26 after my recent bday, i thought i'd list 26 reasons i'm thankful (in no particular order). The hope is perhaps this list will translate into me actually being happy i'm 26. i doubt it, but there's always wishful thinking....right?

  1. i've lived 26 years which is 7 years shy of the life expectancy for a swazilander
  2. i'm healthy
  3. i love living in nashville
  4. i have an amazing group of friends
  5. i'm part of a spirit-filled church that challenges, feeds, and supports me
  6. i am blessed with a job that allows me to see and participate in tiny miracles daily and i love it
  7. i always have enough food
  8. and clothes
  9. and money
  10. and a warm place to call home
  11. i have a reliable vehicle that i enjoy driving
  12. i get to participate in an amazing ministry counseling women facing unplanned pregnancies and sharing God's love and plan for them
  13. i have a family who loves and supports me and taught me about God from a young age
  14. i have run a marathon and 2 half marathons, training for more, and lived to tell about it
  15. i am happy
  16. God is a powerful, merciful, compassionate, faithful, loving God, and He loves me!
  17. i live in a country with innumerable freedoms and blessings
  18. God has protected my heart
  19. there is a Bible I can read with words of encouragement, promises, blessings, truths, and instructions on how this earthly world is supposed to work
  20. the music i am exposed to in nashville
  21. pictures to help me remember all the wonderful moments i have participated or been a spectator in
  22. there are 4 definitive seasons where i live (even though i'm not thrilled with the current one)
  23. i was afforded an awesome education/college experience and will forever be part of a growing extended family-War Eagle!!
  24. God has chosen to bless me immensely so I can bless others
  25. I can read and write
  26. second chances do exist

No comments: