Friday, May 4

on why I'm not 2 anymore

so recently, i finally figured out that i'm not 2 anymore...while this may have many obvious positives....it comes with a whole series of negative things as well. below i've documented reasons confirming i'm not 2 years old:
  • no one gets upset when i drink coffee, reach for sharp objects, or attempt to cook my own food (in fact, i find that these things are generally encouraged....i think they call it independence or self-preservation..neither are words i'm very fond of)
  • when i lay down in the floor kicking and screaming (ie a temper-tantrum) no one really notices....and i never get what i want as a result (not that it ever stops me...)
  • i find it hard to take naps....not that i don't want to...just think i've lost the skill...oh and if you do it at work, you get in serious trouble.
  • no one claps, dances around, and gives me m&m's when i potty.....
  • if i screw up or something i try doesn't end up as brilliant....people are quick to tell ya (i like pretty pictures permanently secured to the fridge...kinda an ego booster-i mean do you really need to tell the truth ALL the time?)
  • when something needs to be done (ie dishes, laundry, cleaning, bills, ect) and i don't do it....it doesn't get done...and there are consequences to that
  • when i get hurt, there's no one to pick me up, kiss my bobo, patch it with a bandaid and then sing to me till i calm down
  • my momma refuses to make decisions for me...even and especially the hard ones
  • my language acquisition skills are completely gone (and portuguese is going to be way harder than i thought)
  • and lastly, the baby prayers i often attempt to revert to...rarely cut it!

i know i could go on...but quite obviously i'm not 2 anymore, nor do i wish to be...just think it might be easier sometimes! :) (especially in the language department)

No comments: