Monday, March 5

Your morning drive with erin

and why i hate days! ok, not daytime...dayshift! sometimes, i forget, and then God reminds me....first, no one should leave their place of dwelling and watch the sunrise as they are making the drive to work...i have many a night watched the sunrise and then hit the hay...and i was NOT working....my brother calls me a vampire...i get plenty of sun and i make the most of it. i just don't think it's necessary to live by farm hours. then there's all that being on dayshift entails...and i AM getting paid more to work it....it is so not worth it. i hate the docs, all the procedures, the noise, the stimulation, rounds, too many parents, quick discharges, and the bright lights....give me some dark rooms, subtle background music, a peaceful calm, and the night is well. i don't care that time passes faster on days! it makes me want to throw my hands in the air and just start screaming till someone takes my assignment and tells me to go home. but, since that would harm the babies...brain bleeds and all....i don't...but i am on the inside, and very loudly i might add! also, i drink way too much coffee to make it through a dayshift...and when i'm having a caffeine lull, i've discovered that i'm not only incoherent, but not very nice to be around. so the countdown? 19 more shifts on days....k, i had to vent. i am in awe of all my day girls! you deserve some cookies...too bad you couldn't get them even if i made them for you. guess it's the thought, right?

No comments: