Tuesday, March 14

Glutton for Punishment

I must be, cause otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here thinking that tomorrow is the big day. I have been volunteering at a place that deals in crisis counseling and since November, I have been training to be a crisis counselor. Tomorrow I will start with the telephones (baby steps), then, in another 2 wks or so...I'll actually start seeing clients.....all this freaks me out completely. I love this and I absolutely know that God has called me to this place...it has been six years in the making, but that doesn't make it any easier. Who in their right mind would choose of their own free will, to be a nurse in a critical care unit taking care of super sick, sometimes dying, but always tiny infants (minus the hippopotamus from last wk) by nights, and a volunteer (underlined a few times plus 3 exclamation pts) at a crisis counseling center by day (someone screwed up my circadian rhythm)?? Yes, I am the one "those people" that need something, anything, hunt down and find in the grocery store. I attract people that are physically and emotionally needy constantly. And for some reason, I don't usually mind. All this to say, I think I'm crazy. And now I'm freaked out. Like I know what to say to these girls. Sharing God with strangers has never been my strong suit either....please combine the two of these things and tell me to do it....ok, why not....i have nothing else better to do with my days (besides sleep, that is). I do believe that He will give me the words and use me since He brought me to this place, but its the starting it that's the hardest. Guess, it's kinda hard for them too. Anyway, prayers would be graciously accepted and are beyond needed.

2 comments:

celia said...

you just heart people...and people heart you! with me...there have been plenty of times during a session when god just took over. it's cool to step back and say...that was so god...i couldn't have come up with that on my own. he won't leave you hanging. i hope things went well...tell me about it sometime.

celia said...

ok erin...for the love...give us a new post!