Thursday, May 24

the littlest lambs...

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me. Just as the Father knows me and I know the Father and I lay down my life for the sheep."
-John 10:14-15


"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."
-Matthew 18:1-6


"but Jesus said, Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven. And he laid his hands on them and went away."
-Matthew 19:14-15


....and we each are placed in a moment for that moment, to speak words of truth and wisdom from above into the ears of those that need His words.....her grandmother had been praying feverently by her bedside for over a wk now.....in tongues and for hours without stopping....i spoke for hours with the family about God, His love, and that the time had come...Kayla had nothing left in her, her prognois was terminal and after fighting for 3.5 months it was time to say goodbye. Her sweet parents marked the anniversary of the death of her sister just 1 yr ago last sunday....they lost a 22 wkr (1 wk from viability) and now had to watch this one be snatched from their grasp as well. From the moment I met the grandmother she said....awwww....my daughter has spoken of you. I know you believe I could see it in your eyes the minute I saw you...you can smell Him. You are an angel sent her to us and Kayla....you are here for things far bigger than you know....He has great plans for you. She went on....sometimes He uses an older Christian to help a younger one and vice versa.....thank you so much.


I knew the words coming from her mouth were straight from above and I also knew my task at hand: far too many times in the last 4 yrs I have been the one to help the families realize it is truly time to say goodbye and we have to let them go. Then helped them in that process....watching their greatest love slip from this earth. These little ones hang on till their parents are ready....they can see Him close at hand, sitting at their side, comforting them, angels watching over....and if you've spent time in any icu with a dying person, you'll agree....especially the smallest of His lambs. It is THE hardest thing a person will ever have to do....to decide to willfully remove life support from a kicking, crying, eye opening, finger-grasping, pacifier sucking baby small enough to fit in your hands (that should still be protected by your own womb)...only to spare them even more pain than they can bare.


Last night...her parents were ready in just the right moments...when her pain had far exceeded medications, and they knew that their battle wasn't more important than the one she was sticking out just for them.....she died peacefully (thank God) and sweetly in her mother's arm in a quiet room, being rocked lovingly into His merciful hands.


As I drove the 30 tearfilled miles home I listened to praise songs and still found solace...He is good. Hallelujah He is good....all the time.....and I came home to John 10:14-15 in my inbox....fitting and consoling. I believe she was with him before her birth, saw Him @ her side as comforter while on this earth, and returned home to Him to join her sissy, still remembering Him as her good shepherd.

No comments: