Sunday, February 18

Thoughts on leaving the bright lights

So I've been up since before 7am....arghhh...if u know me, then you're thinking the same thing....i don't have to be out of the bed till 9:45 for church this morning so I thought...maybe God wants to talk...worth a shot anyway, huh? Anyway, so here's some verses that have kind of been roaming through my heart lately and I thought I'd share-they have everything to do with me leaving (guess you can blame it on Him when you're sad):
  • "Why do you make me SEE iniquity, and why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; strife and contention arise. So the law is parlyzed and justice never goes forth. For the wicked surround the righteous; so justice goe forth perverted. 'LOOK among the nations, and see wonder and BE astounded. For I am doing a WORK in your days that you would not believe if told'." -Habakkuh 1:3-5

  • "ENLARGE the place of your tent, s-t-r-e-t-c-h your tent curtains wide, DO NOT hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you WILL spread out to the left and to the right; your descendants will disposess nations and settle in their desolate cities." -Isaiah 54:2-3

  • "Unless the LORD builds the HOUSE, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the CITY, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go to bed late, eating the bread of anxious toil; for HE GIVES to his BELOVED SHEEP." -Psalm 127:1-2

You could all also blame Celia for posting this blog (see below) a little over a year before I heard God calling me....it just tugged on my heart and i printed it, stuck it on my mirror and started praying it. Ever think God shows u something simply for you to pass it on to others? I had just started volunteering at the crisis pregnancy center and I intended it to be my prayer for my involvement in that ministry. ummm...can i take it back?

O Lord,

Open my eyes that I may see the needs of others;

Open my ears that I may hear their cries;

Open my heart so that they need not be without succor;

Let me not be afraid to defend the weak because of the anger of the strong,

Nor afraid to defend the poor because of the anger of the rich.

Show me where love, hope, and faith are needed,

And use me to bring them to those places.

And so open my eyes and ears

That I may this coming day be able to do some work of peace for thee.

My point is...while I'm sad to leave the city lights of nashville and all the bright lights that God has placed in my life, pointing me to exactly where I am right now (yup each of you has played a role in getting me to the goodbye as well); I have been given a sense of peace about it, more than I have these last months and I know it's time to begin the first leg of my journey. I'll be back soon city on a hill.....very soon. and the warmer weather is pretty welcomed too.

No comments: